- Special Sections
- Public Notices
FRIDAY, MARCH 29
• Swan Pond United Methodist Church, Harriman, will present its annual Good Friday “service of darkness” beginning at 6 p.m. The Rev. Brenda Poole will conduct the service. The church is at 1317 Swan Pond Road. Call Pool at 660-2102 for details.
• Bradbury United Methodist Church, Kingston, will have a Good Friday worship service beginning at 7 p.m. “Crossings” is the message. The church is at 3506 Buttermilk Road West. Call 376-2990 for details.
• Rockwood Ministerial Association’s 2013 Good Friday service will begin at noon in Rockwood First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). A lunch will be served at 11:30 a.m.; a donation of $5 is suggested to assist the group’s food pantry and community aid programs. The church is at 328 W. Rockwood St.
• Harriman United Methodist Church will have its Good Friday service at 7 p.m. with Pastor Steve Parker’s sermon, special music and voices of Biblical characters telling of event’s leading to Jesus Christ’s crucifixion.
• St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, Harriman, will have special Good Friday liturgies at noon and 7 p.m. The church is at 180 Circle Road. Call 882-2119 for details.
SATURDAY, MARCH 30
• St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, Harriman, will have a Holy Saturday Easter vigil service of repentance and renewal at 8 p.m. Call 882-2119 for details.
SUNDAY, MARCH 31
• Courts of Praise Church, Harriman, will have its 2013 “Whipped: The Epic Story” Easter service beginning at 11 a.m. in the O’Brien Theatre of Roane State Community College’s main campus. Breakfast will be provided.
• Bradbury United Methodist Church, Kingston, will have a sunrise service at 7 a.m. at Melton Hill Dam. Regular Sunday services will continue as usual in the church at 3506 Buttermilk Road West. Call 376-2990 for details.
MONDAY, APRIL 1
• Kingston First Baptist Church’s Young at Heart will meet at 10:30 a.m. in the church’s family life center at 215 N. Kentucky St. Singer Ava Barber of “The Lawrence Welk Show” will present the program. Those attending are asked to bring a covered dish or dessert for the meal afterward.