- Special Sections
- Public Notices
FRIDAY, MARCH 8
Rockwood First Presbyterian Church’s Women’s Association will have a two-day winter clearance rummage sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday and Saturday in the basement of the church at 429 W. Rockwood St. Proceeds will benefit church programs.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 13
• Harriman’s communitywide Wednesday Lenten season services will continue at noon in Harriman United Methodist Church at 601 Queen St. The Rev. Matt Edwards of South Harriman Baptist Church will lead worship; music will be furnished by Sam Leslie, music director at South Harriman Baptist Church. A light complimentary lunch will be served by representatives of Harriman, Woods Chapel and Oakdale United Methodist churches. Donations accepted during Lenten services will go to the Harriman Ministerial Association’s aid to transients fund.
THURSDAY, MARCH 14
• Voice in the Wilderness Ministries, Rockwood, has a free “Walking in Health/Praying for the Sick” class at 7 p.m. each Thursday at the church at 201 W. Rockwood St., Rockwood. The class teaches the principles of biblical health and how to pray for the sick. Contact the Rev. Sherry Powell at 466-0553 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
SATURDAY, MARCH 16
• Dogwood Baptist Church, Kingston, will have a singing beginning at 7 p.m. Singers include The Frakers and others. The church is on Dogwood Valley Road.
SUNDAY, MARCH 17
• Rockwood Church of Christ will have its spring gospel meeting through March 22 in the church at 129 S. Chamberlain Ave. Jim Pharr will be the guest speaker for Sunday Bible study at 10 a.m., Sunday worship at 10:45 a.m. and 6 p.m., and special services at 7 p.m. weekdays; a fellowship meal will follow the Sunday morning worship service. Call the church at 354-0855 for transportation or details.
FRIDAY, MARCH 22
• “The Passion Play in the Smokies” of drama, music and dance proclaiming the life of Jesus Christ will be performed for three days in New Midway Baptist Church, Kingston. Play performances begin at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, with a preshow at 6; and at 2:30 p.m. on Palm Sunday with a preshow at 2. “Jerusalem Experience,” with live animals, biblical displays and family activities, will be from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. The church is at 240 New Midway Road. Call 376-1975, 309-4272 or 865-429-0301 for details.
• Big Emory Baptist Association’s Draw the Line youth conference will be from 6:50 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday in the Country Tonite Theatre, Pigeon Forge. Registration is $20 per person and begins at 2 p.m. Friday. Scott Carter, student pastor of Sevierville First Baptist Church and one of the founders of the Hearts on Fire youth conference, will be the guest speaker; David Kelly will be worship leader, with music presented by Stereo Radio of Knoxville. Early-bird registration is $18 per person before Feb. 25; make checks payable to BEBA and mail to Big Emory Baptist Association, P.O. Box 444, Harriman, TN 37748. Call the association office at 882-6446 or email Patbeba@comcast.net for details.