Firefighters forced to clear out two smoke-filled public housing buildings
By Damon Lawrence
Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 11:15 pm (Updated: October 9, 11:31 pm)
Residents of Harriman Gardens apartment complex were evacuated from their residences Sunday evening because of a fire.
Authorities said a fluffy-tailed rodent was to blame.
“There was a squirrel that got into a main bank of HUB’s power grid block,” Harriman Fire Chief Brad Goss said. “It kicked breakers and caused some electrical fires in both buildings, 925 and 929 Sewanee (St).”
If you subscribe to the newspaper, you receive FREE access to all the exclusive content of the web site! Simply register to receive uninterrupted access to our award-winning and in-depth local online content!
Renew Current or Past Subscription / Register for Online Subscription
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Roane County News, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
New Subscription/30 Day Free Trial Account
If you are new to the award winning Roane County News and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.
Create a limited access account. Register to participate in community forums, post on the community calendar, blog etc. This registration does not give you full access to read our award winning content, etc.
Roane County | email@example.com | 1-800-655-1530 P.O. Box 610, 204 Franklin Street, Kingston, TN 37763 Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday