Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 12:15 am (Updated: February 13, 12:31 am)
A Kingston house fire at 110 Shubert St. Monday night started in the kitchen.
“The cause of the fire was cooking on the stove,” said Kingston Fire Chief Willie Gordon.
Firefighters were called to the scene shortly after 8 p.m.
“Most of the heavy damage was in the kitchen, but there is smoke damage throughout the house,” Gordon said.
The home belongs to Monica Berkshire, who lived there with her two teenage sons and boyfriend.
Gordon said the family had no home insurance and will be starting over.
If you subscribe to the newspaper, you receive FREE access to all the exclusive content of the web site! Simply register to receive uninterrupted access to our award-winning and in-depth local online content!
Renew Current or Past Subscription / Register for Online Subscription
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Roane County News, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
New Subscription/30 Day Free Trial Account
If you are new to the award winning Roane County News and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.
Create a limited access account. Register to participate in community forums, post on the community calendar, blog etc. This registration does not give you full access to read our award winning content, etc.
Roane County | email@example.com | 1-800-655-1530 P.O. Box 610, 204 Franklin Street, Kingston, TN 37763 Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday