- Special Sections
- Public Notices
A free health fair is planned for Presidents Day, Feb. 21, in Luminary United Methodist Church at 3401 River Road, Ten Mile.
Call 376-7040 for details.
Summit Medical Group of Knoxville will perform free fasting comprehensive blood-screening panels for the first 100 people beginning at 8 a.m. Prostate-specific antigen tests will be conducted.
Those wishing to take advantage of the blood screenings must have fasted for 12 hours with consumption of only water, black coffee or tea and medications.
The University of Tennessee Breast Health Outreach Program will perform screening mammograms for uninsured and insured women from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the digital mammography mobile unit.
Participants must be ages 40 and older.
Call 305-9753 in advance to schedule an appointment.
Other free health screenings scheduled from 8 a.m. to noon include:
• Carotid ultrasound screening for stroke by Vascular Diagnostics Center of Oak Ridge.
• Vision screening by Tennessee Eye Care.
• Ear, nose and throat screening by Summit Medical Family Practice Group at Fort Sanders.
• Colon cancer screening with portable spirometry and sleep apnea screening by Summit Medical Group at Fort Sanders Pulmonology Department.
• Foot and ankle screening by Family Foot and Ankle Clinic.
• Chiropractic screening by Kingston Chiropractic Clinic.
• Blood pressure readings, body-mass index readings and fall prevention advice by Home Health Care of East Tennessee.
At least 17 other area and regional assistance agencies or organizations will have representatives on site to provide awareness materials covering support and services for families with children and seniors, United Way, Angel Food Ministries, sexual assault, domestic violence, public health and safety, tax help, emergency services, disaster relief, patient support, preventive health care, wellness care and donor ser-
The church will provide free coffee, tea, juice and pastries.