Friday, December 14, 2012 at 1:00 am (Updated: December 14, 1:02 am)
Several residents were evacuated in the Pine Hills area of Harriman on Dec. 1 because of a significant gas leak.
“We had to evacuate,” said Bill Young, Harriman Utility Board manager. “We didn’t have to, but we did for safety.”
Young said the situation was tricky because utility workers had to fix the leak while the line was still “hot” or under pressure.
The utility recently purchased fire suits for employees working in gas for such situations.
If you subscribe to the newspaper, you receive FREE access to all the exclusive content of the web site! Simply register to receive uninterrupted access to our award-winning and in-depth local online content!
Renew Current or Past Subscription / Register for Online Subscription
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Roane County News, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
New Subscription/30 Day Free Trial Account
If you are new to the award winning Roane County News and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.
Create a limited access account. Register to participate in community forums, post on the community calendar, blog etc. This registration does not give you full access to read our award winning content, etc.
Roane County | email@example.com | 1-800-655-1530 P.O. Box 610, 204 Franklin Street, Kingston, TN 37763 Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday