- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Several residents were evacuated in the Pine Hills area of Harriman on Dec. 1 because of a significant gas leak.
“We had to evacuate,” said Bill Young, Harriman Utility Board manager. “We didn’t have to, but we did for safety.”
Young said the situation was tricky because utility workers had to fix the leak while the line was still “hot” or under pressure.
The utility recently purchased fire suits for employees working in gas for such situations.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Roane County News and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.