- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Harriman Fire Department was dispatched to a structure fire at 10:55 a.m. Tuesday at a Harriman Housing Authority apartment at 704 Clinch St.
The resident wasn’t home when the accidental electrical fire started sometime Monday night.
The fire started in the bedroom, which caused heavy smoke and fire damage that affected the whole apartment.
The apartment windows were shut tight, which helped keep the fire from spreading.
“There wasn’t enough oxygen to sustain it, so it smothered itself out,” Goss said.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Roane County News, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.