.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Kingston apartment fire accidental

-A A +A
By Damon Lawrence

An apartment building at 319 S. Third St. in Kingston caught fire Wednesday morning.
Kingston Fire Chief Willie Gordon said a woman in one of the apartments accidentally set her mattress on fire.
Gordon said the building had four apartments.  The blaze reached the roof and spread into the other apartments.
Gordon said no one was injured. A cat was rescued from the blaze.
“We went in and found it hiding under the bed,” Gordon said.
The fire started shortly before 8 a.m. Gordon said it took them about an hour to get it under control.


If you subscribe to the newspaper, you receive FREE access to all the exclusive content of the web site! Simply register to receive uninterrupted access to our award-winning and in-depth local online content!

Renew Current or Past Subscription / Register for Online Subscription

If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Roane County News, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.

Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.

Newspaper Acct. ID:
info
Street Address:
(exactly as it appears on the label)

If you are a subscriber and you do not know your account ID or don't have a copy of your newspaper available that shows the information on the address label you can click continue below to search for your account.

Special Offer

You have used all your free page views for the month however if you wish to create a FREE limited access account you will be able to view a additional 3 pages per month.




You can also purchase a subscription and have full access to the site. To purchase a subscription simply enter your zipcode below

ZIP Code:

Roane County | circulation@roanecounty.com | 1-800-655-1530
P.O. Box 610, 204 Franklin Street, Kingston, TN 37763
Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday