- Special Sections
- Public Notices
An apartment building at 319 S. Third St. in Kingston caught fire Wednesday morning.
Kingston Fire Chief Willie Gordon said a woman in one of the apartments accidentally set her mattress on fire.
Gordon said the building had four apartments. The blaze reached the roof and spread into the other apartments.
Gordon said no one was injured. A cat was rescued from the blaze.
“We went in and found it hiding under the bed,” Gordon said.
The fire started shortly before 8 a.m. Gordon said it took them about an hour to get it under control.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Roane County News, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Roane County News and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.