- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Megan Anderson, 25, has been named manager of the historic Princess Theater in downtown Harriman.
Anderson has more than 10 years of experience in theater production. Her background includes technical skills such as lighting, sound, and camera operation and includes business services such as payroll and customer relations.
“I am thrilled to become the manager of the revitalized Princess Theater,” Anderson said. “I know how much the Princess means to the community, and I am looking forward to providing outstanding events and educational opportunities at the Princess.”
Since March 2001, Anderson has worked extensively in the theater industry. Her experience includes several roles and responsibilities for a variety of events and organizations, including:
• Camera operator, switcher operator, and sound and lights operator for the USA Gospel Entertainers Musician Awards in Nashville.
• Associate producer for the Smoky Mountain Cowboy Campmeeting Broadcast in Pigeon Forge
• Production associate on the special events staff for Landmark Communications Group in Nashville.
• Associate producer for the Nashville Cowboy Church.
• Special events staff member and camera operator for the Country Radio Seminar.
• Special events staff member for the annual Country Music Awards.
Anderson, a Nashville native, began her theater career in 2001.
As a teenager, she worked at the Texas Troubadour Theatre in Nashville. “I’ve been working in theaters since I was 16 years old, and it’s going to be an amazing experience to show students everything that goes on in a theater,” Anderson said.
Anderson earned her bachelor’s degree in journalism and electronic media from the University of Tennessee in 2009.
She will begin her duties on Aug. 15.