- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Travelers should consider a different route or leave a little early on Sunday if they typically travel over the Kingston dike on Hwy. 70.
TVA will be doing inspections of the Kingston dike along Hwy. 70 in Kingston from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
“On Sunday, we are going to have one lane closed across the Kingston dike. We will alternate traffic,” said spokesman Travis Brickey. “We are going to have some drilling rigs there. We are doing a health check of our dams and dikes.”
TVA will be drilling into the dike on other days as well, but it will only need the lane closure Sunday.
Brickey said the inspections are nothing to be concerned about.
“We are doing this at all 49 of our dams (and dikes). It is an assessment,” Brickey said.
Other potential setbacks are in the works in Roane County, but these involve state highway crews. They are:
• Monday, March 25, on Interstate 40 west near mile marker 344. Motorists should be alert for possible lane closures between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. as crews perform guardrail repairs. Motorists should be alert for workers present and expect potential delays.
• Ongoing work at I-40 east and west near Exit 347 means possible lane shifts, narrowed lanes, closed shoulders, reduced speeds, construction personnel and equipment present and expect potential delays through this bridge repair project.
• Ongoing bridge work on Hwy. 27 underneath I-40 Exit 347 means possible lane closures daily in this area as crews work overhead. Motorists should be alert for workers present and use extreme caution.
• Today, Friday, March 22, on Hwy. 58 northbound near Hwy. 95 toward Oak Ridge, motorists should be alert for a possible lane closure between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. as crews perform sign work.
Motorists should be alert for workers present and use caution in this area.
• On Sunday, March 24, Hwy. 70 westbound between Kentucky Street and Harriman Avenue will have a temporary lane closure between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. as crews perform roadway testing. Motorists should be alert for workers present and use caution.
• Ongoing work on Hwy. 27 over Shanty Branch near Poland Hollow Road will create traffic shifts and new traffic patterns through this bridge repair project. Motorists should be alert for workers and equipment present and use extreme caution.