Friday, February 8, 2013 at 1:15 am (Updated: February 8, 1:31 am)
Leaking sulfur dioxide, a toxic gas, set off alarms at the Oliver Springs Wastewater Treatment Plant on Joel Road in Roane County Wednesday morning.
A HAZMAT team dealt with the situation.
“We don’t know what caused it. There was a leaking valve,” said Howie Rose, director of Roane County Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security. His and other agencies responded to the scene.
If you subscribe to the newspaper, you receive FREE access to all the exclusive content of the web site! Simply register to receive uninterrupted access to our award-winning and in-depth local online content!
Renew Current or Past Subscription / Register for Online Subscription
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Roane County News, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
You have used all your free page views for the month however if you wish to create a FREE limited access account you will be able to view a additional 3 pages per month.
You can also purchase a subscription and have full access to the site. To purchase a subscription simply enter your zipcode below
Roane County | firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-800-655-1530 P.O. Box 610, 204 Franklin Street, Kingston, TN 37763 Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday