- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Editor’s note: The deadline for including items in Calendar is at least one week before the event. Items appear as a public service as space is available. Unless otherwise noted, all events and activities are open to the public.
MONDAY, MARCH 3
• A public lecture, “Exploring Saturn With Shallow Probes,” will begin at 8:15 p.m. in the City Room of Roane State Community College’s Oak Ridge campus. David Atkinson, senior researcher and space scientist at NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, will give the presentation.
SATURDAY, MARCH 8
• The Kentucky Headhunters will be in concert beginning at 7 p.m. in the Princess Theatre, Harriman. The Cathouse Prophets will also perform in the concert, a fundraising event for the Princess Theatre Foundation. Tickets are $30 each and are available at Rocky Top General Store, The Harriman Jewelry Exchange or by calling 882-8867.
THURSDAY, MARCH 13
• A chili supper cookoff will be from 6 to 9 p.m. in Kingston Community Center. All Kingston city departments will be participating and competing for the Golden Ladle Award in this fundraising event which benefits Smokin’ the Water 2014, the annual July 4 celebration and fireworks show. Tickets are $5 in advance, $7 at the door. A silent auction is also planned. Call 376-1356 for details.
SATURDAY, MARCH 29
• Roane County Chamber of Commerce’s annual Home and Garden Show will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Fort Southwest Point, Kingston. The event will include Kingston’s Arbor Day celebration; 300 saplings will be given away. Call 376-5572 for details.
SATURDAY, APRIL 12
• Roane County Relay for Life will have its annual Survivors Night Out in the O’Brien Building on the main campus of Roane State Community College in Roane County. Cancer survivors will be treated to free refreshments during a Survivors Reception from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., followed by a free Roane State Alumni concert at 7 p.m. Each survivor is welcome to bring one guest for the free event; RSVP by April 10 to Kathy Cole at 354-3587.
FRIDAY, APRIL 25
• Roane County Relay for Life will be through Saturday morning on the main campus of Roane State Community College in Roane County. The event is a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society.