A Harriman family is staying with family after a Sunday afternoon fire damaged their house.
Nobody was home at 122 Coffee Lane when the fire started.
“It appears to have started in the basement. Right now, we are seeing it as an accidental fire,” said Fire Chief Brad Goss.
Harriman Fire Department and Harriman Police Department responded to another fire Monday evening, but it was out by the time emergency personnel arrived at 1005 Old Roane St.
Goss said it was a stove fire and the residents were able to put out on their own.