Kingston firefighters fought a kitchen fire at Kingston Four Apartments Tuesday.
“The fire originated on the left front eye of the stove,” said Fire Chief Willie Gordon.
The occupant of that apartment is staying with her mother.
The occupant of a second apartment which suffered water damage is also staying with family.
Gordon said it will be a few weeks before the residents could return to those apartments.
Gordon said Harriman Fire Department and Midtown Volunteer Fire Department also responded to the fire.