A smoky fire at Renaissance Terrace required some nursing home residents to be evacuated.
Harriman Fire Chief Brad Goss said the fire started around 3:50 a.m. Wednesday morning and appears to have started in a bathroom trash can. State fire marshal’s office will be investigating.
“They did an outstanding job on getting the wing clear,” Goss said of staff.
The fire was already out when firefighters arrived.
“We have been having a lot of fire extinguisher classes for them so that paid off,” Goss said.