The smoke detector in the upstairs hallway of our building began chirping 24 hours, night and day.
An upstairs resident notified the landlord, but no one ever came to fix it.
It was time for justice and truth to be carried out in Roane County, and it was — by the Kingston Fire Department. They were quick to arrive when called on April 24, and it turned out it wasn’t a bad battery but a faulty unit, which firefighters replaced in less than 30 minutes. I personally witnessed the character of these fine men of honor.